Total Semester Credit Hours Required
42 semester credit hours, including 6 semester credit hours for culminating creative projects.
- Students are required to maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better in all courses applied to the graduate degree. A grade of ‘C’ or below in any drama course will not count toward the Master of Arts degree.
- No student may begin project work without prior approval of the student’s Graduate Committee. Students with limited experience in drama may be asked to take some undergraduate courses as prerequisites for graduate courses.
- All M.A. candidates will complete a professional paper of no less than 45 pages in length. The paper will emerge from the culminating project created by the student in conjunction with his or her adviser and professional paper committee.
An oral final examination by the student's professional paper committee of the culminating creative project and paper will be given the assessment of one of the following: 1) approval, 2) disapproval, or 3) revise. If either the project or paper is not approved, the student’s graduate committee may advise
- completion of an additional project in the same focus area,
- a switch in focus areas and completion of a new qualifying and final project, or
- additional course work before any further project work is attempted. A student may attempt Project I or Project II no more than two times each with special permission from the drama faculty.
Master of Arts in Drama Program of Study (42 semester credit hours)