Total Semester Credit Hours Required
60 semester credit hours, including 3 semester credit hours for prospectus and 6 semester credit hours for M.F.A. exhibit.
12-Hour Portfolio Review
A portfolio review by Graduate Art Faculty is scheduled after 12 semester credit hours have been completed in primary area of study and no more than a total of 18 graduate semester credit hours. The following is submitted at the time of the review through SlideRoom
- Portfolio of 20 images of Work
- Current Transcript
- Degree Plan
- Artist Statement
- Current Vita
All undergraduate deficiencies must be completed prior to the review.
At the completion of all deficiencies and satisfactorily completing the 12-hour portfolio review, the candidate is admitted to the M.F.A. degree program unconditionally.
Requirements, if the 12-Hour Portfolio Review Is Not Passed
If the student does not pass the 12 semester credit hour review:
- The student may be reviewed again during the next scheduled portfolio review, and
- Additional course work taken in the primary area will be considered leveling courses and will not count toward the M.F.A. degree until the student has satisfactorily passed the portfolio review.
The 12-Hour Portfolio Reviews are scheduled fall and spring semesters.
An oral examination of M.F.A. exhibition (Oral may be repeated twice.)
M.F.A. in Art Program of Study (60 semester credit hours)
Concentration in: Ceramics, Painting, Photography, Sculpture
Intermedia (Secondary Area of Concentration Option)
The Intermedia integrates three areas: Papermaking, Book Arts, and Printmaking. This secondary art field encourages experimental crossover among these paper-based disciplines. Students may choose two classes in one area and one class in each of the remaining areas for a total of 12 semester credit hours. The possible class combinations are as follows:
- 2 Book Arts, 1 Papermaking, 1 Printmaking
- 2 Papermaking, 1 Book Arts, 1 Printmaking
- 2 Printmaking, 1 Book Arts, 1 Papermaking