Colleges, Schools, and Departments
Texas Woman’s University houses the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Professional Education, the College of Health Sciences, the College of Nursing, and the College of Business. The Graduate School administers graduate programs in each of these.
Since its establishment in 1901, Texas Woman’s has become a doctoral university with Institute of Health Sciences centers in Dallas and Houston, served by approximately 1,000 faculty members and attended by over 15,600 students. The curriculum which led to the awarding of baccalaureate degrees for the first time in 1915 now accommodates studies which lead to master’s and doctoral degrees in each of the colleges.