Center for Research Design and Analysis
The primary purpose of the Center for Research Design and Analysis is to provide faculty and students with the appropriate level of support needed for their qualitative and quantitative research. Statisticians and qualitative consultants trained in theory and application provide students with research support and training to conduct research with the most appropriate designs and confidence in the data and results.
The center is home to experienced statisticians and qualitative analysts who offer services that enhance the academic experience of all TWU graduate students. Services include:
- Proposal Development – Advisor and student meet with consultant to discuss topic, research questions, and design. Consultant reviews and faculty approves analysis plan, proposed sample size, data structure, and research design. Power calculations and sampling plans will also be determined.
- Data Collection – CRDA staff can provide questionnaire feedback, PsychData tutorials, and information regarding administering online surveys. Analysts and assistants can advise on how to set up the data file and code book. Qualitative coding and structure for data can be discussed.
- Pre-analysis – Center staff can provide information and instructions regarding the importance of data cleaning, missing data, and assumptions testing. Necessary changes needed to the analysis plan must be discussed with both the faculty advisor and student. Qualitative coding can be confirmed.
- Analysis – Advisor and student meet with CRDA consultant to confirm feasibility of proposed analysis plan based on pre-analysis stage. Software steps and output interpretation can be discussed. Qualitative analyses and coding can be confirmed.
- Results and Discussion – Center staff can provide guidance regarding standard analytical writing and presentation of results in tables and/or figures, how to make tables efficiently and accurately. Advisor and student meet with consultant to confirm valid discussion of findings to research field, study limitations, etc.
- Presentation of Findings – Consultants can provide information in how to understand analysis findings (quantitative and qualitative) and technical information behind the analysis presented. Consultant can also provide guidance regarding displaying analysis information visually.
Additionally, the CRDA labs have computer stations with analysis software such as SAS, R, SPSS, Lisrel, Graphpad, AMOS, STATA, Nvivo, Medcalc, IRT, HLM, and Mplus. The center is located in room 105 Stoddard Hall on the Denton Campus, the eighth floor of the TWU Institute of Health Sciences - Dallas Center, the tenth floor of the TWU Institute of Health Sciences - Houston Center, and provides services to faculty and students at the three TWU locations. For more information, please contact CRDA staff by email or call (940) 898-3379.