Admission Information

This is an archived copy of the 2015-2016 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Admission to Texas Woman’s University is based on a number of criteria including academic achievement, academic preparation and standardized test scores. An offer of admission from TWU is valid for one academic year (fall to summer, spring to fall, or summer to spring), if the applicant has not attended another institution of higher education. If students do not attend TWU within 12 months, they must reapply, pay the application fee, and submit the appropriate credentials. Students wishing to change their application term should contact the Office of Admissions Processing or complete the Application Change form. Please refer to the admission categories at the left for specific admission requirements.

Contact Information

Office of Admissions
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425589
Denton, TX 76204-5589
phone: 940-TWU-3188 or 1-866-809-6130; ext. 3188

Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P. O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
phone: 940-TWU-3076 or 1-866-809-6130; ext. 3076

TWU Office of International Education
P. O. Box 425827
Denton, TX 76204-5827
phone: 940-TWU-3338

TWU defines a domestic applicant as an applicant who holds one of the following:

  1. An American citizenship, permanent resident card, or naturalization document, or
  2. INS form Notice of Action I-797 stating that permanent residency application is approved, or
  3. Permanent resident endorsement on passport.

These applicants should complete a domestic (freshman, transfer, graduate, readmit, or transient) application via ApplyTexas .

For information specific to international applicants, please see below.

For admission purposes, Texas Woman’s University defines an international applicant as a foreign national who is or will be studying at a U.S. institution on a non-immigrant visa. These applicants must complete the ApplyTexas international application. This includes students who hold a non-immigrant visa/status and attend high school in the U.S.

International students admitted to Texas Woman’s University usually do so in F-1 or J-1 visa status. It is, however, possible to enter the U.S. on other non-immigrant visas. For questions regarding immigration status, please contact the Office of International Education at or 940-898-3338.