This is an archived copy of the 2017-2018 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.twu.edu.

Students who are eligible to work in the United States may apply for employment as part of a financial aid package or in addition to the financial package, depending on the limits of the programs described in this section. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all employees hired after November 6, 1986, will be required to supply documents which provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States.

Examples of Employment Eligibility Documents:

  • Valid driver’s license and valid social security card.
  • Certificate of United States Citizenship (INS Form N-456 or N-561).
  • Certificate of Naturalization (INS Form N-550 or N-570).
  • Alien Registration receipt card.
  • United States passport.

College Work Study Programs

College Work Study programs permit undergraduate and graduate students to earn from $700 to $7,250 annually. Awards are based on financial need and are part of the student’s financial aid package. Jobs include work in dining services, offices, laboratories, library, and maintenance, etc.

TWU Student Employment

Both financial aid and non-financial aid recipients may work on campus as student assistants under the Student Employment Program. This program is not part of the financial aid package. Participants must be enrolled for at least six semester credit hours and be eligible to work in the United States. Participants may earn up to $5,760 per academic year.  Information regarding job opportunities can be found at https://www.twu.edu/career-services/twu-connect/ .