The Office of Technology provisions each TWU student with a username and password. With these login credentials, students can access:
- e-mail with Google Suite for Education;
- secure information, tools, and resources in Pioneer Portal;
- the Blackboard Learn (Bb) and the Canvas learning management systems;
- Wi-Fi and Kiosks on each TWU campus;
- apps in Google Suite for Education such as GMail, Drive, Calendar, and Docs;
- TWU scholarships;
- TWUConnect for internships, jobs, and more; and
- course registration and more in Student Self-Service.
Support for technology is available through the Technology Service Catalog. To inquire about any of the technology services at TWU, students may call the Technology Service Desk at 940-898-3971 or email them at email@example.com.
Highlights of Office of Technology Services
- Wi-Fi for connectivity of personal devices as well as access to computers through general use computer labs, classroom teaching computer labs, and department labs that directly support academic programs;
- Each student is eligible for certain technology discounts through our partnership with E-Academy OnTheHub.
- TWU technology is strategically located in common areas such as the Denton campus Student Union, student lounges, the Blagg-Huey Library, and residence halls;
- Computer kiosks appear across TWU’s campuses as an opportunity for students to login to a PC for quick information;
- TWU classrooms are also equipped with the latest instructional technology providing optimal classroom learning experiences;
- Students have a wide selection of software resources available to support their studies, including statistical analyses, word processing, and discipline-specific courseware;
- The Office of Technology also offers employment opportunities for students on each TWU campus. Check out the TWU Connect for available jobs;
- The Student Technology Assistants and Resources (STAR) program employs technically capable students to help with troubleshooting peers' personal technology hardware & software issues. STAR is available on the Denton campus. Labor is free; students only pay for software and parts, if needed;
- Students have access to a free license for SPSS statistical software;
- Office 365 is free for active students, including download and installation of Office software on up to five devices;
- The Students Advisory Committee for Technology (StudentsACT) represents the diverse student body of TWU and provides the opportunity for students to participate in the governance of technology at TWU.
Students are subject to the University’s Technology Regulations and Procedures.