Consumer Information Disclosures

As a participant in Title IV Federal Student Financial Aid Programs, Texas Woman’s University is pleased to provide the following Consumer Information to you:

Financial Aid Information

Financial aid information is available online at the Office of Student Financial Aid.

The information includes:

  • A description of all Federal, State, and institutional student financial aid assistance available to students who enroll at Texas Woman’s University;
  • A description of need-based and non-need-based federal financial aid that is available to students including scholarships, grants, work-study, and loans;
  • Policy for the disbursement of funds for books and supplies to students eligible for Pell Grants;
  • The terms and conditions under which students receive Federal Direct Student Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loans (for parents of dependent students), Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans, and Federal Nursing Student Loans;
  • The procedures and forms by which students apply for financial assistance;
  • The criteria for selecting aid recipients from the group of eligible aid applicants;
  • The criteria for determining the amount of a student’s award;
  • The rights and responsibilities of students receiving financial assistance;
  • The criteria for continued student eligibility under each financial aid program;
  • The academic standards that the student must maintain to be considered to be making satisfactory academic progress in his or her course of study for the purpose of receiving financial aid;
  • The criteria by which the student who has failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress may re-establish his or her eligibility for financial assistance;
  • The method by which financial aid is disbursed and the frequency of those disbursements;
  • The terms of any loan received by a student as part of the student’s financial aid package, a sample loan repayment schedule for sample loans, and the necessity for repaying loans;
  • The general terms and conditions applicable to any employment provided to a student as part of the student’s financial aid package;

The names and titles of persons designated to assist students in obtaining financial aid information are available at the Office of Student Financial Aid.

The names and titles of persons designated to assist students in obtaining admissions and general school information are available at:

Graduate School

Admissions Counselors

Education Abroad

Students interested in studying abroad should contact Education Abroad Programs.

Students who participate in programs abroad that are approved for academic credit at Texas Woman’s University may receive federal (Title IV) financial aid. Information on financial assistance for education abroad is also available through Education Abroad Programs.

Cost of Attendance

Cost of attendance information, including tuition and fees charged to full-time and part-time students as well as estimates of costs for books and supplies, housing and food, transportation, personal expenses, and any additional cost of a program in which a student is enrolled or expresses a specific interest, is available at:

Estimated Cost of Attendance

Office of the Bursar

Tuition and Fee Refund Policy

Policies about tuition and fee refunds resulting from dropped courses or withdrawals.

Withdrawing from the University

Requirements and procedures for dropping courses or officially withdrawing from the university.

Financial Aid Repayments Due to Withdrawal or Dropped Courses

Information on financial aid repayments resulting from withdrawal or dropped courses can be found at Dropping or Withdrawing from Courses.

Academic Programs

Information on academic programs available at Texas Woman’s University, accreditation, instructional personnel, and plans for improving academic programs is available at the Office of Academic Affairs.

Information on the university's accreditation status may be viewed on the SACSCOC Accreditation page. Copies of the university's most recent accreditation reports may be obtained from the Office of Academic Assessment and Accreditation.

Questions regarding academic accreditation, licensing, and placement of and types of employment obtained by graduates of degree and certificate programs should be directed to:

Dr. Angela Bauer
Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Texas Woman’s University
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204
PH: 940.898.3301

Graduation and Completion Rates

Information on graduation and completion rates for Texas Woman’s University is available in the Fact Book.

Questions concerning graduation and completion rates should be directed to:

Mark S. Hamner, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Institutional Research and Improvement
Texas Woman’s University
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204
PH: 940.898.3013

Equity in Athletics, Athletic Funding

The most recent Equity in Athletics Report can be found at TWU Athletics.

Questions concerning Equity in Athletics, athletic funding, or athletic programs should be directed to:

Sandee Mott, Athletic Director
Texas Woman’s University
1200 Frame Street
Denton, TX 76209
PH: 940.898.2381

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention

Information on drug-free campuses and communities, alcohol and drug policies, and drug abuse and treatment programs is available in the Texas Woman’s University Student Handbook.  Questions concerning alcohol and drug policies and drug abuse and treatment programs should be directed to:

Monica Mendez-Grant, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Life
Texas Woman’s University
304 Administration
Denton, TX 76204
PH: 940.898.3601

Crime Statistics, Security Policies, and Fire Safety

Information on crime statistics, security policies, and fire safety is available at the TWU Department of Public Safety.

Questions concerning crime statistics, security policies, or fire safety should be directed to:

Samuel Garrison, Executive Director of Public Safety
Texas Woman’s University
301 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204
PH: 940.898.2911

Disability Services for Students

Information about services and facilities available to students with disabilities, including students with intellectual disabilities, is available at the Office of Disability Services for Students.

Questions concerning disability services and facilities should be directed to:

Disability Services for Students
1315 N Bell Avenue
Denton, TX 76204
PH: 940.898.3835

Net Price Calculator

Information regarding cost comparisons between universities can be found at the Net Price Calculator.

For more information regarding the Net Price Calculator, contact:

Office of Student Financial Aid
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 
PH: 940.898.3064

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Questions regarding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and TWU's established policies relating to the accessibility of student information in the custody of Texas Woman's University should be directed to:

Office of the Registrar
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 
PH: 940.898.3036

Office of the Ombudsman

The U.S. Department of Education, Office of the Ombudsman, was established to assist borrowers that have disputed the terms of their William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan, Federal Family Education Loan, or Federal Perkins Loan in writing and the institution has not resolved the dispute. The Ombudsman can be contacted at the following address:

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY  42633
PH: 877-557-2575

Online Assistance: Getting Prepared Before Seeking Help