IT Solutions provisions each Texas Woman's student with a username and password. With these login credentials, students can access:
- e-mail with Google Workspace
- secure information, tools, and resources in Pioneer Portal
- the Canvas learning management system
- Wi-Fi on each TWU campus
- apps in Google Workspace such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and Docs
- TWU scholarships
- Library resources
- TWUConnect for internships, jobs, and more
- course registration and more in Student Self-Service
Support for technology is available through the Technology Service Catalog. To inquire about any of the technology services at TWU, students may call the Technology Service Desk at 940-898-3971, chat with them online at techchat.twu.edu, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of IT Solutions Services
- Wi-Fi for connectivity of personal devices as well as access to computers through general use computer labs, classroom teaching computer labs, and department labs that directly support academic programs;
- Each student is eligible for certain technology discounts through our partnership with E-Academy OnTheHub.
- TWU technology is strategically located in common areas such as the Denton campus Student Union, student lounges, the Blagg-Huey Library, and residence halls;
- Free black and white two-sided printing is available to all students in all computer labs; color printing is available in some computer labs at a cost of $0.40 per page; additionally, students may print from their device and pick up at a computer lab printer;
- Free access to thousands of courses on subjects from leadership and communication to statistics and data analysis with LinkedIn Learning;
- Laptops are available for checkout at kiosks in the Student Union at Hubbard Hall and Blagg Huey Library in Denton;
- TWU classrooms are also equipped with the latest instructional technology providing optimal classroom learning experiences;
- Students have a wide selection of software resources available to support their studies, including statistical analyses, word processing, and discipline-specific courseware;
- IT Solutions also offers employment opportunities for students on each TWU campus. Check out TWU Connect for available jobs;
- Students have access to a free license for SPSS statistical software;
- Office 365 is free for active students, including download and installation of Office software on up to five devices.
Students are subject to the University’s Regulations and Procedures on Computer and Software Acceptable Use.