The primary purpose of the Center for Research Design and Analysis is to elevate the quality and quantity of student and faculty research at Texas Woman’s University.
CRDA services are designed to increase faculty and student knowledge about the research process and data analysis for both qualitative and quantitative studies. Services include:
- Proposal Development – Advisor and student meet with CRDA staff to discuss topics, research questions, and design. The statisticians review the analysis plan, proposed sample size, data structure, and research design. Power calculations and sampling plans will also be examined.
- Data Collection – CRDA staff can provide questionnaire feedback, PsychData tutorials, and information regarding administering online surveys. Analysts and assistants can advise on how to set up the data file and code book. Qualitative coding and structure for data can be discussed.
- Pre-analysis – Center staff can provide information and instructions regarding the importance of data cleaning, missing data, and assumptions testing. Necessary changes needed to the analysis plan must be discussed with both the faculty advisor and student. Qualitative coding can be confirmed.
- Analysis – Students meet with CRDA staff to confirm the feasibility of the proposed analysis plan based on the pre-analysis stage. Software steps and output interpretation can be discussed. Qualitative analyses and coding can be confirmed.
- Results and Discussion – Center staff can provide guidance regarding standard analytical writing, presentation of results in tables and/or figures, and guidance on how to make tables efficiently and accurately. Advisor and student meet with CRDA staff to confirm valid discussion of findings as it applies to the research field, study limitations, etc.
- Presentation of Findings – CRDA staff can provide information on how to understand analysis findings (quantitative and qualitative) and technical information behind the analysis presented. Guidance regarding displaying analysis information visually can also be provided.
CRDA labs have computer stations with analysis software such as SAS, R, SPSS, Lisrel, AMOS, STATA, Nvivo, IRT, HLM, and Mplus. The centers are located in Stoddard Hall 105 on the Denton Campus, the eighth floor of the TWU Institute of Health Sciences - Dallas Center, and the tenth floor of the TWU Institute of Health Sciences - Houston Center. All statisticians are available to assist with faculty and student projects on any of our three TWU campuses.
For more information, please contact CRDA staff by email or call (940) 898-3379.