Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
Total Semester Credit Hours Required
49 semester credit hours.
|NURS 6023||Philosophy of Nursing Science||3|
|NURS 6033||Ethical Dimensions of Nursing||3|
|NURS 6043||Policy, Power, and Politics||3|
|NURS 6163||Health Outcomes: Measurement, Management, and Analysis||3|
|NURS 6313||Epidemiology, Health Promotion, Population Health, and Research in Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NURS 6323||Informatics and Research in Nursing||3|
|NURS 6613||Introduction to Clinical Investigation in Nursing||3|
|BIOL 6843||Health Care Genetics||3|
|NURS 6035||DNP Practicum I||5|
|NURS 6063||Financial Management for Advanced Practice Nurses||3|
|NURS 6045||DNP Practicum II||5|
|NURS 6303||Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project||3|
|LS 5533||Internet Research for Non-Library Science Majors||3|
|or LS 5553 or LS 5363|
|NURS 5553||Fiscal Assessment Practicum||3|
Clinical Course Requirements
Prior to enrollment in any clinical nursing course each D.N.P. student must show proof of:
- Professional liability insurance provided through a TWU student liability group policy.
- Current professional licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas, unencumbered.
- Recognition as an APRN in Texas.
- Current immunizations as required by Texas Law.
- Prior to enrollment in the clinical residency courses, the D.N.P. student must have completed at least 1 year of full-time experience as an APRN.
Students will be required to meet clinical agency requirements such as drug testing, criminal background screening, and personal health insurance.
- Grade of B or better is required in all courses. A student who has earned a grade of less than B (C, D, F, or WF) in two nursing courses at the graduate level or who has earned a grade of less than B (C, D, F, or WF) in the same graduate level course will be removed from the nursing program. For the purpose of removal from the nursing program, a grade of less than B is counted as a grade of less than B even if the course has been successfully repeated.
- Students admitted to the doctoral program provisionally, based on low GPA, must complete the first 12 semester credit hours of coursework with a grade of B or better in each course; at least 6 semester credit hours must be in nursing courses. A provisionally admitted student will be dismissed from the program if a grade of C or lower is made in any course during the provisional period.
500 contact hours in the selected area(s) of clinical expertise.
Written analysis of a clinical problem or issue based on current scientific evidence, informatics, and technological advances. The project is not a research project; the project is an evidence-based solution to a clinical problem or quality improvement of a current clinical problem.