Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
This certificate program is intended for those professionals who have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and seek additional education and training in health informatics. The certificate program is designed for students from a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nutrition Science, Health Systems Management, and Business. The program provides interdisciplinary and collaborative learning experiences. The curriculum consists of 15 credits of coursework, including supervised practicums in health informatics. Course content includes health data management, health information system management, telehealth, and healthcare data-related regulations.
Defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's 60x30 Strategic Plan as, "Those skills valued by employers that can be applied in a variety of work settings, including interpersonal, cognitive, and applied skills areas. These skills can be either primary or complementary to a major and are acquired by students through education, including curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities."
- Perform data management through the process of data retrieval, cleaning, transfer, and storage
- Use data analytics to derive meaningful information and knowledge in health care
- Demonstrate data visualization
- Assess information technology applications in the healthcare environment
- Use telehealth and evaluate the impact of telehealth on patient outcomes
- Describe and use policies and procedures to ensure confidentiality, privacy, security, and integrity of data
All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admission to the TWU Graduate School section of the catalog.
This academic program may have additional admission criteria that must also be completed as outlined on the program's website.
Total Semester Credit Hours Required
15 semester credit hours (SCH).
|NURS 5123||Introduction to Applied Health Informatics||3|
|or NURS 6323||Informatics and Research in Nursing|
|NURS 5143||Application of Technology Enhanced Health Promotion||3|
|NURS 5393||Application of Telehealth and Remote Monitoring||3|
|NURS 5593||Data Applications for Foundational Health Promotion||3|
|NURS 5923||Capstone in Informatics||3|