Texas resident students may, at the time of their application for admission or readmission to Texas Woman’s University, file for Academic Fresh Start (Texas Education Code 51.931) with the Office of Admissions. A student will forfeit the use of all credits earned ten years or more prior to enrollment under the Academic Fresh Start Policy. Courses taken prior to this time will not be used in the calculation of the student’s admission grade point average. The student’s transcript will be inscribed with the notation “Fresh Start", for all coursework discarded. All credit earned after the ten-year period will be included in the student's transcript. Financial aid history or accumulated award limits, and excess hours policies still apply to coursework discarded for Academic Fresh Start.
- Fresh Start must be requested at the time of application to TWU.
- If previously accepted to TWU without applying for Fresh Start, it may be requested during readmission to the University if one calendar year has lapsed since last enrollment.
- Students must demonstrate college readiness to enroll in courses subject to TSI standards.
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for Fresh Start at TWU.
- Courses removed by the Fresh Start program are not applicable to core curriculum requirements or course prerequisites.
- Once the Fresh Start provision is claimed, and the student has enrolled, the provision cannot be reversed.
- An applicant may use Fresh Start only once at TWU.
- Credit and GPA earned prior to the student's Fresh Start will not be used to evaluate admission to graduate or professional programs.
Applicants must provide:
- Completed university application.
- Application fee.
- All official college transcripts (including the coursework that will be forfeited if Academic Fresh Start is approved).
- Application for Fresh Start.