IT Solutions provisions each Texas Woman's student with a username and password. With these login credentials, students can access:
- e-mail with Google Suite for Education;
- secure information, tools, and resources in Pioneer Portal;
- the Canvas learning management system;
- Wi-Fi and Kiosks on each TWU campus;
- apps in Google Suite for Education such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and Docs;
- TWU scholarships;
- TWUConnect for internships, jobs, and more; and
- course registration and more in Student Self-Service.
Support for technology is available through the Technology Service Catalog. To inquire about any of the technology services at TWU, students may call the Technology Service Desk at 940-898-3971, chat with them online at techchat.twu.edu, or email them at email@example.com.
Highlights of IT Solutions Services
- Wi-Fi for connectivity of personal devices as well as access to computers through general use computer labs, classroom teaching computer labs, and department labs that directly support academic programs;
- Each student is eligible for certain technology discounts through our partnership with E-Academy OnTheHub.
- TWU technology is strategically located in common areas such as the Denton campus Student Union, student lounges, the Blagg-Huey Library, and residence halls;
- Free black and white two-sided printing is available to all students in all computer labs; color printing is available in some computer labs at a cost of $0.40 per page; additionally, students may print from their device and pick up at a computer lab printer;
- Computer kiosks appear across TWU’s campuses as an opportunity for students to login to a PC for quick information;
- TWU classrooms are also equipped with the latest instructional technology providing optimal classroom learning experiences;
- Students have a wide selection of software resources available to support their studies, including statistical analyses, word processing, and discipline-specific courseware;
- IT Solutions also offers employment opportunities for students on each TWU campus. Check out the TWU Connect for available jobs;
- The Student Technology Assistants and Resources (STAR) program employs technically capable students to help with troubleshooting peers' personal technology hardware & software issues. STAR is available on the Denton campus. Labor is free; students only pay for software and parts, if needed;
- Students have access to a free license for SPSS statistical software;
- Office 365 is free for active students, including download and installation of Office software on up to five devices;
Students are subject to the University’s Regulation and Procedures on Computer and Software Acceptable Use.