Committees of the Federation

A Texas Woman’s University student enrolled in a federated program of the Federation of North Texas Area Universities may request that a faculty member from another Federation university be asked to serve as a voting member on the committee. The head of the component recommends such an appointment in writing to the Dean of the Graduate School for approval.  Non-federated programs may request a faculty member from another Federation university to serve as an external non-voting member of their program with approval from the Graduate School.

The chair of the student’s committee provides guidelines relative to the Federation program in the student’s major component. When the degree is granted by Texas Woman’s University, the chair and the majority of the voting members of any committee of the Federation must be from the student’s major component at Texas Woman’s University.