Do you have an idea that you would like to commercialize or have an existing business that you want to scale? Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or are striving to be the innovative leader who builds and manages successful teams? The TWU M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship gives you the skills to succeed. Our program provides you with knowledge on:
- all aspects of a small business including how to set up a company
- how to obtain financing and manage the legal aspects of setting up a business
- estimating market size and potential; identifying target customers; setting up distribution networks; bringing concept to market;
- hiring, managing and motivating a successful team
Defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's 60x30 Strategic Plan as, "Those skills valued by employers that can be applied in a variety of work settings, including interpersonal, cognitive, and applied skills areas. These skills can be either primary or complementary to a major and are acquired by students through education, including curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities."
- Critical Thinking: M.B.A. Specific Application -Solve problems by applying knowledge to cases and challenges in organizations. General Employment Application -Using feedback from employees, environment, benchmarking, and innovation to generate multiple solutions, creative ideas, and effective strategies and to understand the industry/general environment.
- Diversity: M.B.A. Specific Application -Grasp knowledge of theory and legal statutes pertaining to workplace discrimination and diversity. General Employment Application -Implement fair selection practices and equal employee treatment while leveraging the benefits of workplace diversity.
- Ethical Reasoning: M.B.A. Specific Application -Recognize and solve ethical dilemmas from assigned cases and grasp theory of ethics in the workplace. General Employment Application -Make ethical decisions and create or support an ethical organizational climate.
- Teamwork: M.B.A. Specific Application -Work with teams on projects and/or grasp concepts related to group dynamics. General Employment Application -Ability to work with teams in a workplace setting and effectively manage workgroups. Vital components of successful teamwork include learning and applying methods for group creation, role formation, successful team communication, team management, and the ability to produce results.
All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admission to the TWU Graduate School section of the catalog.
This academic program may have additional admission criteria that must also be completed as outlined on the program's website.
Total Semester Credit Hours Required
36-45 Semester credit hours (SCH).
- Students should complete ACCT 5433, prior to enrolling in FIN 5243.
- Students must have successfully completed ACCT 5433 , FIN 5243 , MGT 5263 , MGT 5663, and MKT 5133 before attempting MGT 5893 . (In earlier catalogs these courses used the BUS prefix).
- MGT 5893 is the Capstone course in the M.B.A. program and focuses on executive-level decision-making that guides the organization in its interactions with the internal and external environments. It involves synthesis of the various functional silos of the business discipline and comprehensive business case analysis for proposed or actual companies.
|Proficiency Courses (may be waived)||0-9|
|Foundations in Business|
|Foundations of Financial Management|
|Required Courses for M.B.A. major|
|ACCT 5433||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 5923||Global Business||3|
|BUS 5933||Business Ethics and Legal Environment||3|
|FIN 5243||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGT 5263||Organizational Behavior in Business Administration||3|
|MGT 5663||Decision Analysis for Managers||3|
|MKT 5133||Marketing Management||3|
|MGT 5893||Business Strategy and Policy (Capstone, must be taken in final semester.)||3|
|Required Courses for emphasis in Entrepreneurship|
|FIN 5433||Entrepreneurial Finance||3|
|MGT 5273||Human Resource Administration||3|
|MGT 5423||Entrepreneurial Strategy||3|
|MKT 5313||Digital Marketing||3|